It’s the season of giving! Expect the Christmas rush to be extra festive this year as we find ways to make our celebrations with family and friends extra meaningful. It may be a bit of a challenge to manage the rush while keeping everyone’s welfare in mind. But don’t fret, we’re here to help!
Make the most out of your Christmas rush experience with these tips that ensure the safety of your workforce:
Tip #1: Always Plan Ahead
Planning for Christmas seems to be a fixed requirement for businesses. Regardless of the industry your business falls into, the demand from consumers relatively gets higher during this season. It’s almost compulsory that our workforce exerts more effort to manage the flood of tasks.
Here are some ideas to consider when planning ahead:
- For physical store owners
- Maintain health protocols and follow strict operating hours.
- Place a thermal scanner and a bottle of alcohol at the entrance section.
- Utilize a digital contact tracing app to better regulate the customers’ entry.
- Decorate your shop and encourage your staff to give patrons a cheerful holiday greeting.
- For online store owners
- Maintain your inventory. Don’t make a promise to your buyers if you don’t have the items to back it up.
- Before accepting orders, partner with the best-fitting courier for your business.
- Create and schedule innovative ads to make sure you’re being seen as you compete with a whirlwind of Christmas offers.
Whether you have a physical store, an online shop, or a mix of both, you need to educate your staff on how to handle the extra rush. Remind them to always keep the level of customer service at the highest quality.
Tip #2: Set Up and Organize Business Processes with Ease
Even without working face-to-face with your team, arranging and organizing tasks won’t be a hassle with the available platforms and software applications powered by Globe Business.
Here are a few challenges you may face this season and a guide on how best to address them efficiently:
- Getting the word out for your promos to your loyal customers.
- Pro-Tip: Use M360 text-blast function to update your customers with existing and upcoming deals and promos.
- Difficulty managing orders from channels you communicate your clients with.
- Pro-Tip: Utilize Google Forms to streamline your ordering system with ease.
- Troubles when keeping in touch with your team members.
- Pro-Tip: Take advantage of Globe Business mobile plans for their reliable data and network connectivity.
- Hassles when completing cashless payments and financial transactions.
- Pro-Tip: Try GCash to conveniently transfer payments to any of its almost 50 million users.
- Timeliness when delivering orders to customers anywhere in the Philippines.
- Pro-Tip: Partner with a logistics company that suits the needs of your business.
Tip #3: Help Your Employees Have Peace of Mind
Aside from overseeing the processes and transactions of your business, you should take good care of your workers’ welfare. Take note of these points to ensure that your team gets the peace of mind they need to work efficiently:
- Sponsor a COVID vaccination program.
- If you have a budget, get in touch with business vaccination programs like Go Negosyo to schedule a drive for your employees.
- Otherwise, encourage them to get vaccinated with their LGUs.
- Pro-Tip: Remind them that the vaccine is not just for themselves but also for everyone they are in close contact with, including your customers. Send timely reminders and vaccination updates using M360, Google Chats, or Viber groups.
- Assign a budget for medical supplies.
- Basic supplies include face masks, alcohol, and disinfectants.
- Constantly remind everyone to use these for their safety.
- Pro-Tip: Schedule weekly meetings via Google Meets or Zoom to check up on your team, get feedback, and note current and new protocols.
- Encourage your employees to consult with a medical professional.
- Let your team know you fully support them with all their needs, both for their physical and mental wellbeing. Prompt them when it’s time for their check-ups. Allow them the space they need when they take their sick leaves (don’t pressure them with work!). And foster a judgement-free environment so they’ll seek medical help when they need to.
- Pro-Tip: Advise your team members to use KonsultaMD, a 24/7 health service that allows users to ask about their health and complete consultations at their convenience for a very economical fee.
Christmas will be extra joyful if everyone is safe and protected. Stay mindful during the Christmas rush and always put health on top of the priority list.
Globe Business is with you in celebrating this joyous occasion as we continue to explore more ways to become successful entrepreneurs.